Chris Salmon is a contemporary artist based in Birmingham and London, UK. He works in a variety of media, but is most commonly known for his printed works, particularly his etchings. His diverse career has lead him in various creative directions. Shortly after graduating from Canterbury College of Art in 1982, Chris went on to design novelty hats under the name, WAZHEAD. Shortly after, Chris met Kev Hopper on holiday and together with two other members, they started the band Stump.
Chris currently shares his time between his newly developed printmaking studio in his home town of Birmingham, and London where he studied for his MA in Printmaking, at Camberwell. He is an Associate Member of the Royal Birmingham Society of Artists (RBSA) and the Royal Society of Painter Printmakers (RE).
Selected Solo and Group Exhibitions
- Retrospective, RBSA Gallery, 2016
- The Masters - Etching, Bankside Gallery, 2016
- Summer Exhibition, Royal Academy, Various from 1995 - Present
- The National Print Exhibition, Mall Galleries, Various
- The London Group, The Barbican, Various
- Solo Show, Bowen Street Gallery, Wellington, New Zealand, 2006
- Solo Show, British Institute Florence, Italy, 2001
Artworks among the collections of
Hugh Laurie, Marina Vasey, Robyn Hitchcock, Nick Lowe, Vic Reeves, Olivia Colman, Will Young.